Saturday 11 February 2012

Preliminary task

As a Preliminary task I have been asked to create a front page and a contents page for a school newsletter/ magazine.  I must admit I always used to throw away all of the school newsletters I obtained after taking a quick glance at each of the pages, I am ashamed to admit that I found school news insufferably boring. I know I should have been much more interested in the achievements and successes of my fellow peers and the community I had spent the last 4-5 years with however I found it terribly hard for ‘Science Rooms gain new stools’ to gauge my attention for more than 20 seconds. I feel that this Preliminary task may be an eye opener for me on just how much thought and effort will have been put into those newsletters which with little thought and minimum effort I screwed up and impressed all onlookers by achieving a wonder goal by landing the newsletter in the bin. I can see myself feeling incredibly guilty after this task has been completed.
Anyway I must make a start on this somewhere so I have created list of things that I must do to create my magazine effectively. I am hoping that if I follow these steps closely I will finish with a marvellous newsletter. ..Fingers crossed.

1.       Try and find examples of other school magazines on the internet to help and influence and give me ideas for my own school newsletter.
2.       Make a rough plan of how i would like my school magazine to be presented and laid out. I will most likely use publisher for this as it provides exceptional tools for making newsletters and magazines etc.
3.       Create a logo for my desired school
4.       I will then need to take some photos to be placed onto my school magazine
5.       Make a template for my magazine and decide on a colour scheme for the magazine.
6.       Insert the text and images into my template.
7.       Bask in the glory of my completed school magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment