Saturday 14 April 2012

Front cover picture edited choices.

I have taken my photo for the front cover and used the tools on 'Plasq's comic life' to create unique effects on the photos for each of the different copies of my original image. I have created a variety of different examples and have been able to find and will justify my final choice of image to place onto the front cover.



This is my origianl image in which i used as the template for the rest of the edited images below. i ensure that the person was positioned to the left of the image to allow valuable space on the left hand side for the masthead and articles.

I felt that this image was exceptionally pleasing to the eye. I feel it was artistic, and creative and the use of bright colours with the dark background and dull clothing colours created a very good contrast and made the image seem bold. However i do not feel the use of bright colours is appropriate for the magazine's main story theme of dark, deep set emotions.  


This image i thought did a good job of expressing the dark aspect of the article. However i feel the whole image is too dark and dull to place as a front page article, with the background being dark aswell i believe it is quite hard to distinghuish any detail on the person making it seem more of a silhouette of a person rather than placing emphasis solely on them.

This is the image i came to the conclusion of using for my front page, the editing on this gives the image a feeling that the person is holding so dark emotions and secrets within themselves. I have been able to demonstrate this through the use of the the white, brick wall background with the figure detailed in black to provide large amounts of emphasis on the person over the background. I feel this image also appeals to the young adult age category as it is set in an urban looking area (shown by the brick wall) with modern day clothing commonly seen being worn by people situated within that age category.

No comments:

Post a Comment